MAKEL – DISCLOSURE TEXT ON THE PROTECTION OF CUSTOMER/SUPPLIER PERSONAL DATA
As Makel Mekanik Mühendislik A.Ş. (“Makel” or “Company”), we show the utmost sensitivity regarding the security of your personal data. With this awareness, we, as the Company, care that any personal data we obtain belonging to you, our valued real person customers and legal entity customers’ officials/suppliers and the officials of our legal entity suppliers are processed in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698 (“KVKK”). Aware of this responsibility, we process your personal data as defined in the KVKK as “Data Controller” as described below and within the limits set by the legislation.
This Clarification Text; has been prepared to determine the principles related to the processing of your statistical data by Makel as a data controller in accordance with the relevant legislation, specifically the KVKK, and to inform relevant parties.
Your personal data is processed by Makel, residing at Deri OSB Mah. Lazer Sok. No:3 Tuzla / Istanbul address, which has the title of Data Controller within the scope of KVKK.
2.DATA PROCESSING PURPOSES
Your credentials, contact information, financial information, and camera recordings and visitor data logs that are obtained for security reasons may be stored for the following purposes:
- Maintaining Makel’s business activities in accordance with the Turkish Commercial Code and all relevant legislation, improving its relations with customers, improving the quality of service, making Makel services customer-specific, making the promotions and recommendations customer-specific, fulfilling the obligations ordered by the relevant institutions and authorities in full and accurately,
- Performance of Makel’s obligations arising from the law,
- Performance of contractual rights and obligations,
- Fulfillment of all kinds of accounting activities,
- To contact you for commercial reasons if you have given your consent.
3. THIRD PARTIES TO TRANSFER PERSONAL DATA AND TRANSFER PURPOSES
If your personal data is required for aforementioned purposes, your personal data may be shared with 3rd parties in the form of business partners, intermediary payment institutions, legally authorized public institutions and private persons within the framework of the personal data processing conditions and purposes specified in Articles 8 and 9 of the KVKK. Such data may be transferred automatically, to lawyers, accountants, e-mail servers located outside Turkey.
4.METHODS OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND LEGAL REASONS
Your personal data is collected by order forms and written agreements in part or in whole automatically. Your personal data is processed on the basis of your express consent for the reasons shown in paragraphs KVKK m.5/2-(c) and (ç) and, where necessary, to remain within the scope of your express consent.
Makel; reserves the right to make changes in this Clarification Text (both partially and/or completely) in accordance with regulatory changes or the practices of relevant official authorities, institutions and organizations, or for the purposes of improving Makel services and protecting Makel’s legitimate interests. These changes will be recorded in this text with immediate effect.
6.EXERCISE OF RIGHTS
You may exercise the following rights as persons of concern listed in KVKK m.11 in relation to your personal data processed by Makel:
- Find out if your personal data has been processed
- Request information about personal data if it has been processed
- To learn the purpose for which personal data is processed and whether they are used in accordance with their purpose
- Know the third parties to whom personal data is transferred at home or abroad
- Request correction of personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurately processed and request notification of the transaction made within this scope to third parties to whom the personal data are transferred
- Request the deletion or destruction of personal data in the event that the reasons requiring its processing disappear, even though it has been processed in accordance with the provisions of the KVKK and other relevant laws, and to request the notification of 3rd parties to whom the personal data is transferred.
- To object to adverse outcomes resulting from the analysis of such data by automated systems.
- Request compensation, for damages in the event of damages due to unlawful processing of personal data
You may apply to Makel with your proof of ID, via notarized or registered mail or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to exercise your rights set forth in the above-mentioned KVKK m.11; and to convey your requests related to your personal data being processed by Makel.
You will be answered within the statutory period depending on the nature of your enquiry.